Finca La Labor is owned by Francisco Quezada Montenegro. His family owns the farm for more than 80 years! For “Chespi”, as his friends are calling him, the sustainability of his farms is very important. He invests a big amount of his income in rehabilitation and renovation in order to keep the coffee trees and the whole ecosystem of the farms alive. Finca La Labor is one of his heart projects – due to its unique position, he decided to save this last city coffee farm by changing the biggest amount of the production to speciality coffee.
We visited the farm during the Producers Roaster Forum organized by Perfect Daily Grind and Anacafé in May 2019. Since then, we have been in contact with Francisco Montenegro to buy the coffee directly or through the European importer Meet Los Amigos based in Hamburg, Germany.
- Producer: Francisco Quezada Montenegro
- Location: Zona 18, Ciudad Guatemala, Guatemala
- Altitude: 1,500 meters above sea level
- Process: Washed arabica (sundried on patios).
- Varieties: Catuai, Bourbon, Red Bourbon & Typica
- Origins: Guatemala.
- Harvest: January-April
- Ingridienser: Ristede kaffebønner
Our packaging is made of 100% recyclable plastic and is carbon neutral.